Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 126 - Monday, Jan 12

Run on mini tramp for 30 minutes. 65 front abs. 40 each side abs. Leg raises.

Breakfast:
Green smoothie
Oat bran muffin

Lunch:
Lettuce salad
1 avocado
Tortilla chips w/ Mango salsa

Snack:
1 orange

Dinner:
Dominoes Pizza
Carrot & celery sticks, cauliflower & broccoli florets
Red & black grapes

We left today for Texas to visit Malinda & Brian and see the new baby and sister K.
We were delayed at the Salt Lake airport for a little over an hour so we missed our connecting flight to Austin. We arrived in Phoenix around 8:00 pm and they put us up in a Quality Inn for the night. The only restaurant close by was closed by the time we got to the motel and checked in, so the only option we had was to order pizza. 1-800-DOMINOES was on our key card, how convenient was that. Before leaving home I packed my own dinner, expecting to eat during the one hour layover we were supposed to have in Phoenix. I packed 1 can of Kipper Snacks, Ziploc bag full of veggies, bag of grapes, mixed nuts, energy nuggets (Good Earth), Panda licorice and the last of the healthy brownies (I made and froze months ago). Dennis gave me a hard time about packing the Kipper Snacks. He was sure the airport would make me discard them because they were over 3 oz. I highly doubted they would, but if they did I was only out 50 cents. I was so glad I packed them when we were faced with no dinner for the evening. It really pays to be prepared. I took a bottle of water to the airport and had finished all but 3 swallows, when we went through security I forgot about it because I had stuck it in Dennis' back pack. They through it out, so I had to buy a bottle of water in the airport. I guess that's the breaks. It just killed me that I had to pay 1.75 for a bottle of H2o. Tomorrow the motel has a continental breakfast, so we'll see what kind of healthy stuff they have to eat. Hopefully, at least oatmeal. We have no toothpaste. In trying to pack light we didn't pack many toiletries, figuring we could use Malinda's. Now we get to brush our teeth the old fashioned way. Water! But all is well, we are SAFE! and we will see the kids tomorrow.

No comments: