Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 169 - Tuesday, Feb 24

Cellercised for 25 minutes - whew the sweat, Stinky!!!

Breakfast:
1 cup whole wheat cereal
1 banana
1 cup fresh grapefruit/orange juice

I have decided to shake things up a bit. I have been reading about how good wheat is for me (duh!), I have been eating whole wheat since I was 10 years old, BUT, I have just recently began to understand HOW it is good for me. In my course of study this month I have learned that the whole wheat kernel can be sprouted and steamed. The whole wheat kernel is alive. It can be planted in the ground and will grow into a plant. It also comes alive when it is sprouted, and it is still alive when not cooked above 130 degrees. When it is cooked above that temperature, it becomes "processed" or dead and is really not of optimal health. I know this sounds so off the wall - I have been trying to wrap my 20th century brain around all this dead food, alive food stuff myself, but I just "Feel" that this is all true. I know from all the diets I have been on over the years, that I have never felt as good as I do now. Eating more raw foods is what is making me feel so good. I still don't know that I could ever go totally RAW, but I am striving for at least 70% raw each day, which I have been doing, but now I want to incorporate the living wheat. So I will try to eat wheat cereal at least 3 times a week and have green smoothies for lunch and a salad for dinner. Poor Dennis, I mean poor me, having to fix two dinners every night. I don't like doing it too much, but it keeps him happy.

Lunch:
Green smoothie
1 pear
1 apple
1 banana
2 pineapple spears
soy milk
ice
2 handfuls spinach
Carrot, squash, applesauce, oatbran muffin


Dinner:
Lettuce salad
Tortilla chips & homemade guacamole
2 fresh pineapple spears

No comments: